Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

Book Cover Fun

During this summer, over on instagram,  I have been having a little fun with book cover art.

It began slowly, then grew, as these things do.


This is one of the most recent, easy to do and great fun.


This was the idea in its' infancy.  It shows a cake and the recipe book it was taken from, the leather chair and the brandy are there because the cake is one which was made at Boodles Gentlemen's Club in London.


Here I was just exploring the thought of mustard with bits and pieces from around my kitchen.


...and in this one I just pulled out certain images from the cover.


This one happened very spontaneously, so it could have been done better, but it was assembled and cleared away all within the space of 10 minutes.  Great fun to do.


This was done to show a friend, not possible to copy the cover, so I just went for a couple of relevant elements.


This one was pure fun!


This one came about after a bread-making session with my grandchildren.  Very simple cover, but it took ages to set up to get things set up so that the whole thing worked.

Bits of nonsense, lots of fun.

I hope you have found some fun this summer.


14 comments:

  1. Very clever, some nice touches you have done there. Nice to see your blogs again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bill, Thank you! I enjoy instagram, but it is a bit less suited to the way I like to chatter on (talk too much!) so I am popping back here.

      Delete
  2. Your creative side! Looks like fun. Glad to see you, have a good winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, It is silly, but fun!
      I am way behind on reading blogs, but i do hope you have had a good summer with your family.

      Delete
  3. this is really clever! I dont see an icon for your instagram... could you leave me the link I would love to have a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sol,
      I think I tried before to get the icon on here, without success. https://www.instagram.com/parsonage_cottage/ should find me on IG. I enjoy the format, couldn't have done it before because I only had a granny phone, then my younger son gave me his redundant iphone and set it up for me to do IG...

      Delete
  4. Brilliantly inventive and so much fun!! My favourite has to be the fox.
    Have a lovely day Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Prunella
      The Fox is called Laurence...Laurence Fox. He was supposed to be a doorstop, but he spent his first few years with us as a dancing fox, for we entertained the very young grandchildren with his antics. These days his main function is to sit on my husband's favourite armchair at night, just to make sure that Toby and the cats can't. He is terribly good at whatever he turns his hand to. xx

      Delete
  5. What lovely photographs! It's so fun to do these types of photographs with what you have to hand, isn't it? I also loved Mr Fox!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret,
      Thank you, I appreciate that. Mr Fox, aka Laurence, is a much loved member of the family. I do sometimes catch him watching the hens, which is a little worrying. I hope you have had a wonderful summer, despite the weather!

      Delete
  6. Like that idea - the photos look as if they could be turned into birthday cards or note-cards.
    Hope you are back to posting regularly again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sue, I am going to do my best to keep on posting. I enjoy IG, but I often have quite a lot more to say than is easily said using their format! I have nipped back and forth keeping an eye on your postings.

      Delete
  7. Super fun!

    Making super posting photos.

    Love all of them.

    And one could do this kind of a project, in any weather. Especially when it's not nice out. And in not-nice weather, one often gets the urge to do more baking. :-)

    But why am I kidding myself. :-))) I'd not have the patience. :-) This will continue to be your specialty.

    Pronounced---> "spesh-E-al-ity". :-))))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Luna,
      you know me, I enjoy a good play! I hope you have managed to make your s'mores and indulge in an evening around the firepit. It definitely seems as though autumn is on the way, here. Leaves are turning and the hedgerows are full of bright red berries, rosehips, fruits and nuts - all weeks earlier than normal!

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.