Pages

Monday 3 October 2016

A Room of my Own



It has finally happened, I have a room of my own.   A craft room, sewing room, hideaway, call it what you will, it is all mine!

At the moment it is still very messy but in time it will be neat and ordered - or maybe not.  

It is such a joy to have most of my 'toys' in one place.    

So many of these things have been tucked away in cupboards and boxes, on top of the highest shelves in the dressing room and generally hidden away.

I am gradually becoming reacquainted with old projects which I can't wait to get my hands on again.






I also managed to find a corner for my beloved painted bureau.    It is full of old letters to and from my parents and other relatives, family memorabilia from fifty or more years ago and boxes of ancient family photographs.

Many more bookshelves are needed, hooks for paintings, an armchair, and my radio.

If I go missing, this is the first room you should check.
x

9 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful den. All yours to do what you want. I'm so envious. May you be inspired to create masterpieces....or just dream about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, Thank you. There won't be any masterpieces, but I'll have a lot of fun playing and dreaming! This weekend saw me making two pairs of curtains for Miles and Poppy, so the place has been put to good use already. It makes a nice change from having to use part of the big kitchen table. When I was a child we used to make dens from an old clothes-horse and a big sheet, that space became anything we wanted. This place feels the same, which probably means I am entering my second childhood. ;)

      Delete
  2. How exciting for you....looking forward to more posts about your "creating room". I know, from my last move, how difficult it is to be creative when all the supplies are stored out of sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meggie, I just hope I don't fall into gazing out across the field instead of crafting and sewing - but then again...! Do you work out in your studio?

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful desk! I would love that. A bit of Chinoiserie! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful desk! I would love that. A bit of Chinoiserie! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sol, I'm just about to pop over to your blog - who can resist the siren call of "Books, books, books..."? Certainly not me!

      Delete
  5. I am having a catch up after a few weeks away from blogging and the breakdown of my laptop. I am thrilled to see your painted bureau. I remember you starting it but don;t think I ever saw the finished article - it is stunningly beautiful. Happy creating in your new room. I've done a lot of crafting over the last few weeks and have fallen in love with it again after losing my mojo. Now, if I could just sort out the attic room (again!), I too would have a designated crafting space all of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlet, Like you, I haven't been around blog world for a while, so I have some catching up to do. I hope you manage to stake the claim on that lovely attic room. I am finding that it makes a world of difference having a room of my own. all the mess is contained, projects don't have to be hidden away and I can nip in to craft for a few minutes as time permits. I have another cupboard waiting to be painted although it may be the new year before i get time.

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.