Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

Cowslip Cottage



This morning I felt well enough to take a walk along the lane to visit this old chap, Benedict, for the first time in almost three weeks.       He was initially a little grumpy, I think you can see that from the photograph, but once he realised that my pockets were stuffed with carrots and apple he decided to forgive me, especially when I also managed to find a couple of old polo mints.   He was delighted to have some company and spent ages gently nibbling on my fingers and telling me that perhaps I wasn't so bad after all.   I told him how much I love him.

His owner, Oscar (aged very late 90's) was pottering around his garden.   He hasn't been well and these days he has to support himself on two sticks, when outside, and uses a wheeled walker indoors.   Despite all his health problems, Oscar keeps soldiering on.  

Calling in to see Benedict allows me to keep an eye on Oscar without appearing to do so, I hope.

As the day was fine, we went down to your cottage, Max had some more measurements to take and I wanted to try to get the lawns mowed before the weather turns.  



I mowed this lawn, then Max strimmed the edges, while I mowed the other lawn.   It looks nice and neat again.   We also weeded the front garden and swept all the hay out of the parking space, those hay wagons shed a huge amount, I think we filled two and a half sacks, it will all go into the compost heap.


This is the view from the back garden gate, the cattle are still out, just not in shot.


Poppy, this one is for you!   One brave poppy flower still blooming in the rockery area today.   I had to photograph it for you, what a shame I didn't have the macro lens with me.


On the way home we called in at the fruit farm and picked a couple of large bags of pears, they make superb juice, but taste just as nice as a fruit.

fliss&max
xxx

3 comments:

  1. so glad that your'e beginning to feel a little better... I jogged past this morning so it was probably my healing love as I swept by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're out and about again! What beautiful pears you grow in your area. I wonder if the grumpy old horse likes pears as well as apples and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dom and Ms Sparrow. It is taking me a ridiculously long time to recover. Very frustrating, but I am getting there. xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.