Pages

Monday 15 April 2024

One of my Walks

 One of my favourite walks.  If you click the link it will take you to a You tube video which I have just found.  

The three-and-a-half minute video belongs to someone else, but it is a good illustration of one of my favourite walks.  The terrain and the peace.  

Parsonage Cottage can't be seen because it is almost totally hidden by Owl Wood, but you do pass through 'our' barley field at one stage.



Not shown is the watermill, although the route takes you past it.  Along the lane and on through the fields.

Onward, past the dovecote (not shown) then up the small hill to the church where we have our Christmas Carol evenings.

Follow the very quiet lane, then we hit the tracks and the fields as we head out to Swaby.    Cut back through a long and narrow valley (formed during the last Ice Age) and back along the farm tracks, through some protected meadow and out to another church, the one which hosted the Angel exhibition.

More tracks and fields and the circular walk is complete.  About 5.5 miles of wonderful Lincolnshire countryside.

Hardly a soul to be seen, just the occasional car or tractor.

By the time I reach home I am more than happy to indulge in some bread and cheese.









14 comments:

  1. The best sort of walk and well deserved reward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work hard to try to keep the ancient tracks and footpaths open, gz! That walnut bread is excellent with cheese.

      Delete
  2. What a delightful clip. I would enjoy walking through those English lanes and fields. Do you rest on that bench outside the church?
    Thanks for sharing with us where you live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I set out, I usually just keep on going. However, the next time I am out that way I will sit on that bench and think of you. The clip is good, just a shame that it ignores so many of the things I find interesting, still, those are tracks that I walk.

      Delete
  3. I will imagine the clip as being like some Norfolk lanes and fields around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tracks go across five, possibly six, farms and five very small villages. The scenery improves as the year progresses.

      Delete
  4. How beautiful to walk on mountain paths! The walnut bread looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As each season progresses, Katerina, it becomes rather more beautiful. The walnut bread is a delicious especially with cheese, it is a great favourite around here.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely walk. I do miss walking in the British countryside. Love the look of that walnut bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just made a fresh loaf, I'll fax it over to you, Susan. Just add a hunk of Lincolnshire cheese and you will be well away!

      Delete
  6. A lovely walk. I envy Britain's public paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a rich heritage, I never take it for granted, Joanne. Nature usually has something wonderful to share - hares boxing, or some beautiful wild flower or other.

      Delete
  7. That looks a delightful walk and so flat! It's a well-used walk too, with the defined tracks across the sown fields. Loved the Butterburs.

    As for Walnut bread, I used to make that regularly but haven't for years now. I haven't even made home-made bread regularly all winter because of my Carer role. My routine has gone to pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to what you are used to, BB, it is flat, just relatively gentle undulations. We live right on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, so we enjoy the ripples rather than the hills. It is a walk which I think you would really enjoy. Lots to see along the way and plenty of history.

      Just getting sufficient rest must be quite an achievement for you, never mind about baking bread. You still fit in far more than the average person.

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.