Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

The Flower Fairy and the Heroic Knights




Odd things are happening in the gardens of Parsonage Cottage.

This morning, while I was kneading bread dough,
I spotted this little flower fairy
darting in among the flower pots on the patio...
she was desperate to fill her bucket with flower petals,
as she wanted to make perfume.

I simply dead-headed a flew geraniums and roses
and the flower fairy soon had her bucket filled.

Happiness!

I guess some games go down through the ages,
I can well remember doing exactly the same thing
almost sixty years ago.




Meanwhile, 
down at the gate to our little woodland...
I could see this pair of knights.
Their quest was to save the hens from the vicious fire-breathing dragon
who was hiding behind the hen house.




Judging by the noise,
that pesky dragon put up quite a fight.

I'm not sure that Lucy and the other girls were terribly grateful.

All this activity can only mean that
the school summer holidays have arrived!


This afternoon I took a quiet path to an old church



it crosses a fairly deep ravine, 
with a small river at the bottom.




...look to the left and this is the view.


The story of  what one naughty vicar got up to
will wait for another day.
x


Please remember that all words and photographs are my own, copyright to Felicity at Parsonage Cottage Blogspot.  Do not steal or scrape them.   Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.