Pages

Friday 20 November 2015

Sexy Shoes and Kinky Boots...

...do nothing for me.



Wellington boots, walking boots, ice boots, knee high boots with very low heels however, now you're talking!    I get excited about those, from a purely practical point of view, like staying upright instead of falling base over apex which I'm rather good at.

I have two pairs of Wellington boots, and I wear one or other pair every day.   We live deep in the countryside, often in a sea of mud.    

I've tried cheap Wellies, they didn't last long and I found myself slipping and sliding in the clay mud around here.    So I buy more expensive ones with special soles for noodles, like me, who find it difficult to keep their balance.  I buy them in online sales.   The ones in the photograph are brown, which suits me fine, but they were a third of the price of the same boot in green or black.   It probably also helps that I have large feet, not that this is any help when I am trying to stay upright!

Ice and snow are a nightmare for me, even though I welcome the first falls of snow as eagerly and my grandchildren.     So I have a couple of pairs of snow/ice boots, they help me to remain upright, but on really bad ice I have to resort to some special spikey grips which fit over my boots.  They look like bondage for boots, but they do grip onto ice and compacted snow surfaces, they make me feel a little safer.


These boots are my favourite snow boots.  Again, they were bought in an online sale several years ago.   We were travelling to Iceland for a three week holiday and they shrieked 'buy me', even though they are a size larger than I normally take.    It worked out well, the fluffy lining still fills the extra space, they are a perfect fit and much loved...



...rather like this old boy.    I fear his days are numbered, his real owner has still not collected him from old Oscar, but I guess it won't be long.     It is something over which I have no control, all I can do is visit him daily, feed him his treats, tell him how much he is loved,  and hope...    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.