Pages

Friday 26 January 2024

The Power of Nature

 I have been out of action for a couple of days - hence the late replies to comments - apologies!  Nothing serious, a three day migraine with nausea.  It happens.     

Granddaughter is 12 this week, eager to celebrate her birthday by going to the gym which her mother attends.  She is a funny bunny, always ploughs her own furrow and doesn't go with the crowd.  No girly party for her.

Over the years I have amassed quite a lot of feathers picked up as I have taken my daily walks through the Lincolnshire countryside.  Among them,  pheasant tail feathers, strong goose feathers and rich black ones with that wonderful petrol sheen.

There is one remarkable feather.


Here it is.  

Reasonably large, attractive colouring, but really quite ordinary in appearance.  

The special part was that when I picked it up I felt (like a bolt running through my being) the energy of the bird which lost it.  It was sudden and totally unexpected.

It is difficult to explain and, of course, there will be sceptics.  

Almost as soon as I acknowledged it, the energy faded.  The memory and the feather remain.

The power of nature.



10 comments:

  1. What a granddaughter and what a feather!!
    Happy birthday to your little girl. May she always confidently plow her own furrow.
    As for your feather experience.... You are attached to your land and mother nature so it doesn't surprise me. What did you do with the feather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. She is off to her kick-boxing class tonight, she is a brown/black belt and working for the full black.
      The feather lives on my desk, in an old pewter tankard which belonged to my father.

      Delete
  2. What an wonderful experience - a proper connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really surprising experience, quite special.

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh...file it in the strange but true category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct on both counts - the magic of the natural world.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful experience. What bird lost the feather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan, I'm not absolutely sure, but my instinct tells me it was quite probably a buzzard, we have quite a number around here.

      Delete
  5. That is a long feather! I don't recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joanne, I think it was from a buzzard, they are pretty large birds and the colouring is correct.

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.