Pages

Friday 22 December 2023

Belated Replies & Another Carol Service

Rachel Phillips - Apologies for the delay, and thank you for the greeting.  Happy Christmas!

Linda, Vicar, and Susan Heather - thank you for your early greetings and your comments on the previous post.  Frankie has very clear ideas about the man she will consider marrying while she pursues her career.    I wish you all a Happy Christmas!

gz - Season's Greetings!  Thank you for the welcome.

I should have responded to these in my second post - sorry.  I was too focused on trying to get the technology to work.

 Jonny and MingMing - thank you so much for the lovely Christmas hamper.  A wonderful surprise and very much appreciated by your Pa and I. xxx


Today has been spent dropping off a few Christmas cards and gifts to friends in the village.  It is still very windy, but much safer than it would have been had I attempted it yesterday.  It was good to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.

I also spent an hour or two trawling through my old camera discs, rediscovering photographs which I thought I had lost forever.  One or two of them may find their way into some posts.  It is so interesting to be able to read the date line on each one, trouble is that it underlines how quickly the years whizz by.

This evening Davina, Frankie and I are heading out to a nearby village church for another Carol Service.  Frankie is doing the reading - something which doesn't faze her at all.  This is the tiny church where she and Harry attended Sunday School for so many years, they both loved it.


It is set in another very small village with a small population, but the properties are considerably more expensive than those around here.  It has hosted some very famous names from the music world because there is a recording studio there.  

Enough of my ramblings for today.  Jonny, MM, stay safe and warm - your dad told me about how low the temperature is over there at the moment - and once again, many thanks for the gift.x

7 comments:

  1. Just welcomed you back to blogland on your last post and added you back to my reading list and found another post.
    So welcome back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mention and greetings. Good to see a few posts again and I hope that you sort out comments and other things that you are having difficulty with. Google Chrome is usually a good way of overcoming Blogger problems and keeping away from anything Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have refound the photos. I've lost a lot recently when I changed phones and updated a computer . But things don't completely disappear. You just have to know where and how to look. I hope mine pop up sometime

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my comment must have gone into spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time at this next caroling service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice looking church, looks Georgean

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting church, it would be interesting to know a little of it's history.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.