Pages

Sunday 17 December 2023

Sunset and Cat Cuddles

 


At the moment I am not able to reply to comments, blogger allows me to create a post, but not to comment.  I have the same problem with other blogs.   Thank you for your comments - all of them so unexpected and gratefully received!  Merry Christmas!

We have had some wonderful sunsets of late.  This photograph gives you some idea but doesn't do full justice, they have been fiery and very dramatic.



We brought the Christmas tree inside yesterday.  The height had to be reduced by two feet, which is great because the cut branches will be useful for the wreaths I have promised to make for friends.  It has one set of multicoloured lights on - old fashioned, but Christmas tree lights were always multicoloured when I was growing up.  They gladden my heart - though for some reason the red and yellow are not showing in the photograph.

I have promised Frankie that she can dress the rest of the tree in any way she likes.  The decorations will all be cheap and rather dull, dating back at least a couple of decades, to when we lived in Cleethorpes, Jonny.  Remember Rooftops?

We haven't had a Christmas tree for a number of years, mainly because we have always had large dogs with waggly tails, as well as young and crazy cats.

Now we are left with one elderly, and one middle-aged, cat.  I feel that perhaps the tree stands a chance of remaining upright - but the unbreakable baubles are being used just in case. 



The two girls have not snuggled up like this for quite some time, they are much more likely to have a spat than a cuddle these days.  Sparky is definitely fading a little and the little ginger ninja is flexing her claws and reaching for more power.

I have a busy day ahead.  Three wreaths to make, mince pies to bake and an evening of Carols by Candlelight up at the old church.  Frankie is delighted to have been asked to do a reading and then, while coffee and mince pies are being served, she and Harry will help me to sell the raffle tickets.  

We are all missing you.

How about a blog from you two?

Glimpses of your life in China?
xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Describes all the atmosphere of a Christmas in an English household. And wreaths, mince pies and carols by candlelight to come. Happy festive days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back again, I have wondered how you were getting along. I'm still publishing the Church Explorer if you pop along for a look. I think most people seem to have problems replying on Google for some reason. I found Microsoft Edge works Ok so might be worth trying that. All we have put up this year is a Christmas Tree in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.