Pages

Thursday 21 December 2023

I Don't Want to be Like You, Grandma

 Oh, the pain inflicted upon me as those words fell from her lips.  😉


Captain Hook, when she was in her final year of primary school.

A couple of days ago, while we were having tea, Frankie announced that she does not plan to be like me.  She won't be a housewife who has to cook meals for everyone and do the cleaning.

Good for her!

She doesn't quite know what she does want to do, but when she chooses a husband, he will have to be willing to do the cooking and the cleaning...  Good luck on that one.  Not so difficult with the cooking, perhaps, not so sure about the rest.


Linda, no sunshine just grey skies and gales.  I haven't checked yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wreaths I made for the gates haven't blown all the way into the North Sea!   Have you had one of those wonderful sweet treats yet?

Bovey Belle, I was so very sorry to read about all the "challenges" you and Keith are facing.  I know you are a strong woman but I hope you get some help soon.
Millie has decided to ignore the tree now, not sure if she is just lulling me, waiting for an opportune moment to have fun.  Your household of cats keep you on your toes, but they are definitely worth the trouble.  I hope things pick up soon for both of you.

Hello Joanne, lovely to hear from you.  I will tell Miss Read about the booklet, she will be thrilled by the news.  As to the church, we will continue to do what we can, also trying to add a few more events to interest other people.  The fight continues.

Susan, Millie is a minx, don't be fooled by her angelic looks!  She is one of those cats who is all charm one minute and then suddenly the claws and the teeth sink into her innocent victim, usually me.  Sweetness and light follows, for a while!   



5 comments:

  1. My daughter advises her daughter and nieces to go to school, study hard, get a well paid job and pay some else to cook and do housework . I agree. Your granddaughter is very wise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paying someone else to do the housework sounds a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paying someone else to do the housework sounds a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! How lovely to find my way to a new post from you.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here what do you mean good luck with that one, I'll have you know I cook a dam good roast dinner, make bread each day and can make some pretty good cakes now, even made a carrot cake now. We are not all useless

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.