Pages

Monday 25 December 2023

Merry Christmas!

 Merry Christmas!



I got up at 5am, sorted out breakfast for the cats, then put some special Christmas coffee into the percolator which belonged to my parents.  My brothers and I bought it for their silver wedding anniversary gift, which makes it at least 51 years old.  It still works perfectly and I like to use it on special occasions remembering good times with them.

As I sipped my second cup there was a scratching sound at the window, Davina had arrived to start the task of taking a surprise gift over to her house.  A drum kit for Frankie.  

In the darkness of the early morning we trotted back and forth across the garden, quiet as elves to deliver it.  It is not the first time that Parsonage Cottage has been used to store surprise gifts.  

With Jonny and MingMing in Shanghai this year, and our older son and the three grandsons at their home in London, we expect to have a fairly quiet day.

Only fairly quiet, because Davina and her family will come across to open the gifts we have bought for them.  They will have some coffee or a cheeky little Bucks Fizz and then they will melt away until we make the trek across the garden and go to their house for Christmas Dinner.

It should be a jolly affair as we will be joined by the other set of grandparents.  We will stay long enough to share the celebration meal and then play a silly game or two.  The other grandparents see far less of Frankie and Harry so we like to let them have a clear run for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

We will come back home, take off our finery and kick off our shoes, possibly have a nap, read a book and enjoy a small tipple of something special and make some calls although none of that will happen until the demands of the cats have been met!

Jonny, MingMing, I send all love to you.  We miss you but hope that you have dined out and had some fun with your friends.  

My blog-world friends, I hope that you have a wonderful day, whichever way you choose to spend it.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Christmas day full of warmth and friendship. Christmas cheers from our family to you and yours.
    The best part of the day for me would be kicking off the shoes and enjoying a tipple of something special. I hope I can do the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. It sounds like the perfect day (apart from absent family).

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.