Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2023

The Guilty Party

 


She protests her innocence, but I know better.  I caught her in the act.  She has never really embraced the art of tree climbing, unlike Sparky in her youth, but she just couldn't resist the bright shiny balls dangling just within reach. 

The Christmas tree is safe as long as I make sure that Millie has some baubles to scoot around the floor of the kitchen.  

Next task is to try to clean that cute little face - easier said than done, she is a wild child when it comes to matters of hygiene.

Our reliable old workhorse of a washing machine finally gave up the ghost, after 16 years of service.  The men have just delivered and fitted the replacement, so once it has finished doing a special cycle to clean out the drum I will be able to set it it to work.  The laundry basket is full to the brim after a week without a working machine.

Yes, we could have done some things in the good old fashioned way, but not with the weather as it has been. 

Talking of weather - remember this lovely afternoon, Jonny & MM?  


Hubbard's Hills in the warmth of a September afternoon.


Happy memories.  We could do with some of that sunshine now.


Once again, thank you for the lovely comments.

Frugally Challenged - I am glad you agree.  My strong sense was that we had managed to include several people who would not normally step inside a church.  It was nice to see them.  My daughter chuckled when I told her that a blog-friend vicar had commented.  She wanted you to know that her preference is for a bit more of the High Church experience, unlike her mother.   Miss Read is amazing.  She is less mobile, almost blind, but she keeps on going.  I love chatting with her, she is dear to me.

Linda, I wish you could have been there, I know you would have enjoyed it though I fear that even with the heating you would probably have been chilled to the bone!

Anonymous, we will fight as hard as possible to hang on to it.

Susan Heather, we would have enjoyed your company.  I know you would love this little church with all the history that goes along with it.

Joanne, Lovely to see you dear friend!  I am delighted to say that we raised a lot more than we expected.  Trouble is that we need to multiply that by several thousands to do all the work needed.  We will do our best.

4 comments:

  1. Just look at that innocent little face!! It's the fault of those Xmas balls!! They were hanging too low lol
    I hope you have some of that sunshine now to dry the washing.
    Lovely photos of relaxing times in the sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, our kitten-cats (15 mths now) have ignored the tree. They seem to think we have gone slightly loopy bringing it indoors as haven't we noticed there are lots of trees OUTSIDE? Quite a relief. Sorry that your tree has been slightly modified by your innocent-looking pussum.

    I agree - oh for a day of summer amongst these short dark days. Like the heat-wave-for-a-day we had one November, and another the following February when we headed for the beach straight away to make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it will take far more money than you think you can raise to restore your little church, but you may surprise yourself.
    When I moved to this Independent Living facility, I had to downsize most of my belongings. I gave Miss Read's little book of reminisces to my local library, and how delighted they were. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty, innocent looking face.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.