Pages

Monday 30 April 2018

Miss Read and Wooster

I have almost completed typing up the notes for the booklet about Miss Read's memories...people,  villages, wartime memories, rationing, rural occupations, life.

Some time this week I will call in and leave the notes with her, then she can get out her blue pencil and make any alterations or additions.      The mobile library is due to call by, tomorrow, so perhaps I'll drop the notes off after I change my books, if there is time before the grandchildren come back from school and want their tea.

No, that wouldn't work, things will be too rushed.   I'll have to think it through.  I can't do it in the morning, that is already booked out on errands in Louth.   Another day then.

The new regime of having the grandchildren, morning and evening, is wonderful but I struggle with my loss of freedom.   I'll get used to my new split-shift life.




This handsome old boy lives at the far end of the village, or just across the barley field and over the stile, from us.     His name is Wooster and he is 30 years old.    Admittedly this photograph was taken last summer, but doesn't he look wonderful?
   


This is his field companion,  Jeeves.   



Poor old Wooster, he really doesn't like the cold damp weather.       Some days he comes out of his stable to have a chat and to blow his warm breath over Toby, Jeeves doesn't bother, he prefers to play Statues.

Talking about statues, it is time I got a move on.   The grandchildren will be here, for breakfast at a quarter past seven.     

I'd better get the day started instead of sitting here talking to myself.
x


8 comments:

  1. Love Jeeves and Wooster. He looks very Araby and I am with him on not enjoying winter! Well done on typing up Miss Read's notes. I hope you are able to share some more with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend has had Wooster for 20 years - absolutely adores him. She has a few sheep, a couple of goats and two dogs, as well as these two. In her spare time she helps out a the local Riding for the Disabled Branch, she is something of a whirling dervish.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you will get into a routine with grand children but I expect it will take some getting used to in the first instance especially when you have been used to having such free time.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Saturday morning I found myself getting up at the gallop, thinking that I had to get everything ready for the grandchildren, it wasn't until I had my first coffee that I realised that I could slow down and enjoy the morning!

      Delete
  3. Oh but you aren't talking to yourself! Your delightful blog, has many followers. And they talk right back to you. :-)

    Yes, I imagine you don't want to be rushed, when you drop off the compiled memories, to Miss Read.

    One thought on getting used to your split shift, it will be over soon! School should be out, in not toooooo long, yes? :-)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, Luna! Thank you.
      It amazes me that so many people read my blatherings and nonsense. I use the blogs as a form of diary with photographs. I started my first one back in 2011, when my son was heading off to China. I quickly found it therapeutic and addictive. There will be a week of holiday at the end of May and then they are in school until almost the end of July - then six weeks without doing breakfasts or teatime. I will be able to go back to my 'free form' days!

      Delete
  4. You are a busy lady. Yes, summer holidays will be here before we know it. I'm sure I'll be busy with mine then, too. :))) Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, How is that wonderful house coming along? I imagine the grandchildren will be anticipating some sleepovers!

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.