Pages

Saturday 10 February 2018

Mini Skirt in the Snow


I took this photo to show the sprinkle of snow, but was amused to see that I had captured my shadow as well.   

Quite misleadingly, it looks as though I am wearing a mini skirt - what, in this weather?   Risk chilblains and chapped legs?  No thank you.

Winter-weight wellies, jeans, thermal vest, a thick jersey, plus a waterproof jacket, my dog-walking uniform for the colder months.   

It set me thinking though.   In all my 64 years I have never worn a real mini skirt.   The shortest ones would have been just a couple of inches above the knee, very modest really.   

I loved full length skirts, but best of all midi-length ones, especially when worn with boots. 

These days I wear whatever I want - except I still don't do minis.   

I also fell to thinking about handbags.   

I have a couple of sisters-in-law who delight in their very beautiful and very expensive bags, they take great pleasure in them, and why not?       I let the side down, I'm afraid because I try to do without a handbag, whenever possible.

I like pockets.

As long as I have a pocket for my 'phone/camera', one for tissues, money/card, car keys, etc.  I am happy, no need to cart everything but the kitchen sink with me. 

I find this getting older malarky is very liberating.   


How about you? 


6 comments:

  1. I'm 80 so I did wear mini-skirts. Early married time. Back in the day, when I had the tiny figure, to do so!!!!

    Pocket books or hand bags or whatever they are called. As little as possible! I fully agree with you. I can't understand the "necessity" to carry everything-but-the-kitchen-sink with you!

    After all, if one carries "Their Life," around all the time, what happens if they misplace it, or leave it somewhere? Eeeeeeeekkkkk!!!!

    Isn't it nice, that there are sensible people like us, around? To be a beacon, to the world?<---said with giggles, but also, with some truth to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna, you are an inspiration and a delight!

      Delete
  2. I do tend to carry a handbag around with me - not one of those great big monsters that tend to make you lopsided - one just big enough for essentials. Check - cards, bus pass, driving licence, house keys and car keys, bit of cash, comb, bus timetable, tissues, hanky, 1/2 a book of stamps, a note with friend's address and telephone number (she moved last August), mobile phone and own mobile phone number written on a bit of paper because I haven't got a clue what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Molly, that all sounds perfectly reasonable and sensible stuff. I've been rebelling for a few years now, gradually paring it down to the absolute basics. The list for what I take in my pockets when I walk the dog is rather longer than just my own needs... dog whistle, poop bags, dog biscuit or two, small os map for exploring the field tracks - specs so that I can read the map... No wonder I wear jeans and a waterproof with lots of pockets!!

      Delete
  3. My wife like handbags shoes and jewellery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bill, Sounds very expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.