Pages

Monday 12 February 2018

Something in the Cocoa

There must have been something in my cocoa last night.   I slept well, but had a series of strange dreams with disconnected scenes and an unusual cast of characters.


Kylie Minogue was there.   In a coffee shop, seated at a table just behind me.   She had to endure people asking for autographs, others who though they had won the right to an embrace and a selfie.  She looked exhausted.

No idea why I dreamt about her, I don't listen to her music and have never particularly followed her exploits.   

Deeper into the cafe there was another woman who kept playing with the ring tones on her telephone, trying to find one to suit.  She was irritating everyone in the cafe, including the two men who sat at the front of the shop at the cash desk.   The tunes were loud and clear - and no, it wasn't my phone ringing!

The funniest clip of all was when I found that my younger brother had unexpectedly called in for a visit.   He lives on board a narrow boat, not just any narrow boat but one which he and my older brother lovingly renovated a couple of years ago.




Younger brother now sails the canals and waterways of England.

I opened the door to Parsonage Cottage and found that my younger brother was outside, which was a wonderful surprise.             His luggage, though, had me falling about in stitches.    It consisted of about ten large suitcases all permanently attached to one another, in a very long conga line, perfect for life on a narrowboat, he said.

Ian?
xxx




6 comments:

  1. Certain things are tailor-made for narrowboat life. Conga-line suitcases, dachshund dogs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought was to worry about how to get that looong line of cases into the guest room. I decided that they could conga themselves along the long hall, and stay there. Third thought was Yippeee! Ian's here!

      Of course you could go for a Basset Hound if you wanted a chunkier dog.

      Delete
  2. Two canals near me the Kennet and the Oxford one, always looks a pleasant way to live. Everybody had weird dreams like that, they seem to real at the time then you wake up to reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often have sleepless nights (due to back spasms) so it was a refreshing change to have some proper sleep, even the slightly mad dreams were welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this great post!

    Lovely that you have nice dreams.

    And do you ever sail with your younger bro, on that delightful house boat? Oh what a dream. to sail the water ways of England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Luna, My brother has his boat over on the other side of the country, at the moment. He is having a marvellous time exploring those waterways, sometimes my older brother is well enough to join him. One of these days he will anchor up somewhere near Lincoln, when he does I will take my camera and show you some more of the boat.

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.