Pages

Sunday 11 February 2018

My Sunday





The field margins were muddy again today.   No matter, we are used to that and, unlike the dog, at least I had my Wellington boots on.

I dislike walking on slippery clay mud but around this area that is what you get, one lives with it, or walks the lanes instead.     

There were the usual imprints of boots and I amused myself by trying to identify who may have already walked their dog along the track - it is a very small community!     I could also see the usual  deer tracks.


Then my heart skipped a beat - badger tracks!  This is the first time I have seen any along here, though we definitely know they are around.    A few years ago part of the tarmac lane, just outside our house, collapsed due to badger activity.

A walk with the dog is one thing, a muddy walk with the dog is quite another.   An hour of walking is followed by ten minutes spent getting the mud off the dog and then rubbing him dry with a towel which I had left on the boot room radiator specially for him!

A cup of tea revived me.    The dog had a dog biscuit, followed by a long and contented snooze, lucky boy.

I, meanwhile, set to work with pots and pans.   I made a big vat of vegetable soup, a spicy butterbean and tomato casserole, and an Olde English Cider Cake.   That is it, apart from feeding my ever-hungry grandchildren who called in for an hour.     Oh, and I worked through the ironing while listening to the omnibus edition of The Archer's on radio 4.

The rest of the day is my own, unless the grandchildren come calling again.


How do you spend your Sunday?

6 comments:

  1. As I write this, I am just beginning my Sunday. Slept in to a "disgraceful" hour, so I won't tell that. ,-)

    We are in dire need of a new printer, and they are on sale, so that may take up some time. I told him we won't go out without our germ masks on, and he agrees.

    You do have issues with walking, but are still young enough, to not let them stop you. Slippery mud does not sound like something I could handle.

    Love the top illustration!!!! And the foods you made, sounds delicious. Plus ironing, and the "grands". You are a powerhouse, my Dear.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Luna, There is nothing wrong with enjoying a luxuriously late lie-in. No chance of one for me, the animals make sure that I am up by 6am. :(
      Don't blame you for wearing germ masks, I often feel like donning one when the grandchildren come across!
      Enjoy the rest of your day.

      Delete
  2. Mine was touring a coupel of churhes and cooking dinner, you rcake sounds really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely, especially the church tours. I must try to put together a post about the remains of a church, which I recently explored.

      Delete
  3. You definitely had a better Sunday. Ours consisted of a two hour drive to mother in law's where we proceeded to downsize her with help from husband's 3 brothers and sister in law. She is moving into a retirement home which should have happened years ago because she is rapidly losing her short term memory. Sad to see. It was a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marcia, A difficult day, for all of you. I hope your motherin law settles in well, and that you are all feeling a lot better today. These things are never easy are they?

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.