Pages

Thursday 8 February 2018

The Coach House




A brilliant blue sky and sparkling sunshine accompanied Toby and I on our long walk this morning.  It took us past the lovely old watermill,  old farm buildings, and the manor house at Claythorpe, then we turned down the bridle path for a quiet meander.


We passed this beautiful old house - this is the rear of the empty house which I told you about a couple of days ago - then on through the farmyard and out into the countryside again.



A single storey building to the side of the manor house has this lovely old metal sign.

We pushed further on, and I found what little remains of the old church and churchyard.  More of that another time.

Right now I have to go and make some pizzas - I was foolish enough to ask my grandchildren if they would like anything special for tea... the response was an 'F' shaped pizza, please from one, and the other wanted one shaped like an 'H'....   I am grateful that they don't want anything too complicated. F and H I can cope with!


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk! Thank you for taking me, on it.

    Oh that sign! A gem! I take it, this and the back of the house, is the house which has been uninhabited for so many years...

    Oh mercy! "Letter" shaped pizzas. You are such a good 'Nana'. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Luna, That empty house intrigues me, I am investigating! The letter-shaped pizzas went down a treat. I prefer making my own pizza dough (if I have the time) so why not have a little fun!

      Delete
  2. Fine looking building though I don't think that sign is long for the wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bill, No, it is a bit precarious and the paint is flaking badly. Very cute though. We often see a pair of beautiful carriage horses pulling a trap through the lanes. I don't think they come from this place though.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to hear more about this house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marcia, Neither can I! I have a meeting next week with three local history enthusiasts, so perhaps they will be able to shed a little light on the mystery.

      Delete

Lovely to hear from you.
I will try to answer comments in the next post.